Newest of new members... for the next 5 minutes anyway

budkingston

Songster
11 Years
Oct 12, 2009
Az/Vegas
The internet is AWESOME!!! Years ago I learned about chickens the old fashioned way, I bought them and the weak ones died. The rest made it because someone at the feed store could answer questions or the library had a book that explained it all...

Now, I look online and there is a thread with the exact information that I need. And the resident expert for the breed/illness/incubator/rooster, et al is a few keystrokes away.

I have been raising chickens for years, mostly what they have at the feedstore or what people give me. Took a 16 year hiatius but my 9yo daughter wants to raise them so we have 1 Delaware hen, we call her Joe Biden, He is a turkey and a male, but it is a source of humor. We have an Aruacana hen (Pinocet), a Austrlorp (Farrah), a RIR hen, a White rock (Bobby), 3 barred Rocks and White Leghorn, plus 4 Aruacana mixes. They all have names and are pets.

We had a RIR rooster named Rusty, once he reached maturity, he went to a farm, my daughter didn't want him to end up in the pot. I am guessing that others have had that experience.

Looking to get more Delawares, Austrlorps, Buff Orpingtons, and Aruacanas.

welcome-byc.gif

Howdy!

it's always more fun when you at least kinda know what you are doing. I can't tell you how meny chicks died in the first 4 years I had them
hmm.png
but now like you I have started anew, but it's only been about four years for me

Back
Top Bottom