Newish member :)

Erinxflc

In the Brooder
6 Years
Mar 21, 2013
Hi everyone. I've refereed to this site for a few issues with my animals, but am only now getting into being a member a bit more.
My family and I have recently moved to a small farm and it is beautiful. It has a rather large dam that we are turning into a small lake, then getting some ducks. It already had a chicken coop, so that let me put off building a new one for a bit. I have 5 mixed breed hens and am getting some more next winter. I also have two rescue dogs and a lamb. I love my animals more than anything! I also foster dogs for a local rescue.
I'm homeschooled, due to having to deal with problem foster dogs, as well as work, volunteering etc.
I love photography and art, and my hens are just such beautiful models.

I can't wait to learn some more from this site. I'm loving it
love.gif

Aussies are always welcome here. G'day - we have a large Aussie community and in case you get homesick you can subscribe to "Australia six states and one funny little island." By all means Welcome to the Backyard Chickens flock.

It's hard to see the small avatar photo, is that a collie with your lamb? Your home photo is beautiful, you have quite a talent with a camera. Would love to see more of your work. I'm a dog lover too, great that you foster some.

G'day, and welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I homeschooled our children, and now my daughter is following in our footsteps with my granddaughter (pictured in my avatar). Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What chicken breeds do you have?

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
yippiechickie.gif
We are very happy to have you! I live in the U.S. and I am also pretty new as I only got my first few chickens a few months ago but my little flock is growing fast and BYC has given me all the tools and knowledge I didn't even know was out there! Happy to have you and I look foward to learning along with you :)

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!
Yoyo is a rescue dog, Nancy, so not 100% sure of her breed. I'm pretty sure she has border collie/ kelpie in her though. Her mum was listed as a Collie cross Mastiff
smile.png

Michael - I have one Isa brown, who is an absolute sweetheart, and the other 4 are mixes :)

Back
Top Bottom