Newly Added Feathered Friend

CherokeeFlats

Crowing
14 Years
May 15, 2009
Farmer City, IL
About a month ago, my 23 year old son was hospitalized for a psychiatric break. He was diagnosed with schizoaffective Disorder and after a long discussion, decided that his little parakeet, Lulu, would be better off here on the farm. SO, now I have a beautiful Blue Parakeet named Lulu and she's the chattiest little thing!!

I'll have to post photos of her when I can get some. But, she's always been a single bird, would it be better to leave her as a singleton or should I get a cage mate for her? She lives in the top level of one of my critter nation cages. She seems to LOVE the space!

Because of how social they are I always suggest a second budgie if that's an option :)
Do you have the time to commit to her if you keep her alone?

Because of how social they are I always suggest a second budgie if that's an option :)
Do you have the time to commit to her if you keep her alone?
Of course. I am home all the time due to health issues that made it impossible to keep a job. When I am not here, my husband and daughter are. Lulu and I interact multiple times a day with a lot of free flight time in my office. She loves hanging out with me while I work on my computer.

IMG_7487.jpg

She is still getting used to being out and about in my office. Not as aggressive as when she first got here. She's still a baby (I believe). I figured I'd give her a chance to get used to all the stuff going on here and then in the near future look at getting her a cage mate.

Any thoughts on her age?

Back
Top Bottom