Newly discovered chicken infatuation!

Kleine Huhnchen

In the Brooder
May 22, 2015
Gloucester, Virginia
Good morning and thank you for this wonderfully helpful page! I hope to be picking up some week old Bantam Cochin Frizzles tomorrow as well as a few black Australorps. All of the information here has been so helpful as far as designing our coop and building a simple brooder for the babies to stay in while we are completing construction on the coop. Cannot wait to get started, carrying on the love of these creatures that my Grandmother had. ♡

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It's lovely to hear you have found BYC so helpful in the preperation for your chicks. How lovely that you are carrying on the love for chickens that your Grandmother had. I love raising chicks it's so rewarding and lots of fun as you watch them grow and develop.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chicks in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! It's lovely to hear you have found BYC so helpful in the preperation for your chicks. How lovely that you are carrying on the love for chickens that your Grandmother had. I love raising chicks it's so rewarding and lots of fun as you watch them grow and develop.

Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chicks in the future. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Thank You for the warm Welcome!@Yorkshire coop

welcome-byc.gif
glad you decided to join us and congratulations on getting your own flock.

They are quite amazing to raise and get to know. Enjoy every minute!

So happy you joined the BYC flock
celebrate.gif
. Do you know frizzles should not be bred to each other - the resulting chicks will have brittle, broken feathers and featherless areas.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. Drumstick diva has given you some good advice. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years, and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children and granddaughter made lap pets of them), and the best layers of the standard, brown egg laying breeds. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your chicks.

Howdy Kleine Huhnchen and Welcome to BYC

You had me at Bantam Cochin, but throw in Frizzle as well and I am hooked
wink.png

Congratulations on your soon becoming a new chicken parent. Like any new parent, there will be ups and downs but the downs are far outweighed by the ups.

Enjoy your new family and learning each of their chickenalities; be prepared to smile a lot.

Good morning, welcome to BYC!

It would be fun to see photos of your birds if you would like to share.

Good luck to you with your new flock and enjoy chicken tv, it's the best show around!

Back
Top Bottom