Newly hatched chick. NO EYES! **UPDATE 1-31-12** SHE LAYED!!!!!!!!

Well a kinda life update on Dustie and me, I am engaged now and will be moving up the state to Fiances in a few months. Sadly I wont be able to take my ducks and such with me from where we will be staying for awhile..

...But Fiance and me have a understanding (or a flat out rule from me
lau.gif
) That Dustie is coming whether I have to stick a diaper on her and keep her in our bedroom if I must LOL

So I guess in a few weeks i will start building her a small pen to keep her on the porch. I only let her stay in a medium size rabbit hutch now so shes not on the ground getting wet cold and dirty, so ill have room to make it so she has some more room and a half open/closed nesting box in the corner that hopefully she'll learn to use (keeps laying on the bottom of the pen) and her quail buddy is going to stay with her

She's laid her 4th egg today! if I knew it wouldnt stress her out id borrow a banny rooster from a friend to get some little dusties, family member was surprised when she could reach right in the pen and pet her like a cat and she'd rub against your hand and sing LOL

Congratulations...on ALL your life happenings! I have been following this thread and have been very inspired. I recently had a chick hatch with wry neck and was wondering how it would make it. After reading your plight I was convinced I could help it out. I wish the best for you, your fiance and Dustie!

My first thought was sad she will be all alone, then happy her buddy gets to go with her. It seems wrong to breed her though as her issues are likely genetic. Sounds like you won't end up doing it. She's one-of-a-kind anyway!

Congratulations on ALL your news! So glad that Dustie and her buddy can go with you - you and Dustie are a team! And Dustie needs her buddy to transition where she's going. Sounds as though you've figured it all out, and glad your fiance is on board. You go, girl - you and Dustie have inspired us all.

I guess this is a somewhat old thread but I had to say this..
OH MY GOD THAT CHICKEN IS SO FREAKING CUTE!
love.gif
I'm glad you decided not to cull her and instead decided to keep her. I read through the pages and this was definitely a story I'll remember!
smile.png

Any updates? :)

And yeah, definitely don't breed her please! It's not ethical breeding to breed a bird with birth defects/mutations, no matter how sweet or charming they are ;)

I just came across this posting and it gave me shivers. Very touching story, I would also like to see an update on Miz Dustie!

Good luck on future endeavors!

Well a kinda life update on Dustie and me, I am engaged now and will be moving up the state to Fiances in a few months. Sadly I wont be able to take my ducks and such with me from where we will be staying for awhile..

...But Fiance and me have a understanding (or a flat out rule from me
lau.gif
) That Dustie is coming whether I have to stick a diaper on her and keep her in our bedroom if I must LOL

So I guess in a few weeks i will start building her a small pen to keep her on the porch. I only let her stay in a medium size rabbit hutch now so shes not on the ground getting wet cold and dirty, so ill have room to make it so she has some more room and a half open/closed nesting box in the corner that hopefully she'll learn to use (keeps laying on the bottom of the pen) and her quail buddy is going to stay with her

She's laid her 4th egg today! if I knew it wouldnt stress her out id borrow a banny rooster from a friend to get some little dusties, family member was surprised when she could reach right in the pen and pet her like a cat and she'd rub against your hand and sing LOL

Congratulations on everything in life.
What a cool story and a beautiful little hen!!!!!!!!!! <3

Back
Top Bottom