NH Maple Syrup 2009 Season

I made a batch of soft maple candy leaves this past weekend. They're pretty small, if I can get a picture I will post them. I haven't tried anything else yet, but I would like to try some of that wonderful maple pecan pie someone posted. But I'd end up eating the whole thing....
lol.png

Quote:
Hi Patty we lucked out this year and didn't have to tap as we have plenty left from last season, 2010 we'll be back at it, the hydrometer well help you make legal syrup, each state has a law if your going to sell it make sure to make the correct density..if for your personal use only the candy thermometer will do just fine.. I bought mine just to make proper density and consistencey..But i do like the syrup a bit thicker than the law allows for legal syrup..We use to sell some locally but have gotten away from it as we didn't want to end up getting inspected by the usda..so now its just for friends and family..also if anyone sells to the public you are required to also do a syrup color test to, to properly grade it.

here's to you and i hope your buckets run over for you..
yippiechickie.gif

Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks for the info Charlie...I really appreciate it. I already have my grading kit, and why they have to charge so much for 5 small little bottles is beyond me, but oh well...

Have fun,
Patty

Back
Top Bottom