Niacin and drake curl feather

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
I have 7 ducks that are almost 8 weeks old. How long do I need to continue adding niacin to there water? What age can I stop?

Also, at what age do drakes start to get that curled feather? My ducks voices are changing but I am so new to them I really am unable to sex them by their quacks. Isn't there a breed where the drakes don't get a curl? If so what breed is that? I have 2 calls and 5 cayugas.

THanks

I have 7 ducks that are almost 8 weeks old. How long do I need to continue adding niacin to there water? What age can I stop?

Also, at what age do drakes start to get that curled feather? My ducks voices are changing but I am so new to them I really am unable to sex them by their quacks. Isn't there a breed where the drakes don't get a curl? If so what breed is that? I have 2 calls and 5 cayugas.

THanks
your Calls and Cayugas will get the curl, Muscovy's don't. good idea to keep adding niacin till 10-12 weeks old. ducks will quack loudly drakes have a low raspy quack and around 4 months you should start to see the curl.

Back
Top Bottom