niacin deficiency?

kpnutno1

Hatching
Aug 23, 2023
please help we have a 10 week old runner duckling who has had niacin from birth. Now we saved this poor baby from being tossed around by a couple of the adults! as this fellow has grown he has become more disabled on his legs and is now lucky to take a couple of steps. we have nurtured, we make sure it is fed and watered as it would not bother but enjoys its food and a splash in the water. it’s lungs seem in a different position to another fully fledged duckling so i’m guessing it’s quite disabled. my husband wants to take to vet to see if anything can help or is it kinder to put him to sleep. my daughter and i are very attached, it loves cuddles. are we doing the wrong thing in giving it a chance or could something be done? i have tried niacin rich foods like koi carp food and sunflower and made no difference. sometimes i think it’s kinder to let go but then another day it has a great day. any help or advice is appreciated

Have you tried normal duck food with nutritional yeast? The other foods aren't good for it.
If it's legs and lungs are deformed, I'd put it down.

that's a difficult choice to make , poor sweet little guy . but i think if you can afford it, take him to an avian vet and get a professional opinion then they can put the duck to sleep for you if that's the best decision to be made.

Back
Top Bottom