Nibbles Goose Attack Update *PICS*

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Bleenie, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Just wanted to give an update to let everyone know how my Muscovy hen Nibbles healed after the attack.

So a while back (end of November) my baby girl Nibbles was brutally attacked by our Roman Tufted Geese. After living inside for quite a while and healing up she was returned outside to grow out her feathers. I was worried she might not grow her head feathers back but thankfully she's now only got some 'scarring' on her curuncles & is still working on her 'big' feathers...

(even in her 'growing look', Nibbles got a ton of compliments by a nice lady that picked up a couple boys from me last week [​IMG] [​IMG] , I am pretty sure she wanted to take her home, lol. )

ETA: I also noticed that her previously all white head now has a black spot on top, very strange!

Before:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] She's gorgeous! [​IMG]

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    I am SO SO SO SO glad that she is better! She looks absolutely stunning!!!

4. TennesseeTruly

TennesseeTruly Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Church Hill, TN
    Oh Bleenie she looks so good. I know I gave you crap after she was injured and I'm sorry. I'm so used to dealing with noncaring parrot owners and sometimes I spout off without thinking.

You did a great job with her! She looks good as new!

Laurie

5. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    Wow. It hard to believe these photos are of the same duck. Its incredible how well they recover with some TLC.

6. chinbunny

chinbunny In a hutch

Aug 24, 2009
    She looks very nice. I want some muscovies. [​IMG]

7. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

She wasn't AT ALL happy with her tub baths and being stuck in a crate at night but she was more than happy to run the house and eat all the dog food...she even pecked my Rottweiler out of the way once, lol. After she started scabbing i let her out to the creek a couple times, with me watching of course. [​IMG]

I am still amazed how fast and nicey she healed, it's still upsetting seeing the attack pictures of her [​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator~~~ BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    You did a great job getting her healed!

[​IMG]

9. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Quote:Scovies are known for taking on the big dogs, Mine kicked a pit mix out the doghouse so they could make a nest

10. CityChicker

CityChicker Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Ah, poor girl! I'm glad she healed up. She looks amazing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by