Nicolassa in Venezuela

NicolassaH

In the Brooder
Nov 28, 2020
Hey everyone... We live in Merida Venezuela in the Andes. I currently have 2 roosters, 11 hens and 2 chicks. I am originally from New Jersey. Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out what is countryside folklore and what is actually real information... Same with the internet... hahaha.

Hoping to get real information here. Thanks

Hey everyone... We live in Merida Venezuela in the Andes. I currently have 2 roosters, 11 hens and 2 chicks. I am originally from New Jersey. Sometimes I have a hard time figuring out what is countryside folklore and what is actually real information... Same with the internet... hahaha.

1606528678036.jpg

Welcome

Here are the roosters... Try to get a full picture of the flock this week. I have very little internet on the farm and try to research when I come down to the city as much as I can. We have two older hens that I am not sure of their age, but most of the hens are a year old in February.
They were hatched from the the two older hens and were are most successful hatching... (Excuse my lingo... I am originally from New Jersey but all my farm talk is done in Spanish so I have no English farm vocabulary) but we hatched them in a shed... not the coop... and simultaneously one in a large enclosure in the shed and the other one loose in the shed. I can never figure out why that went so well. The hens have seemed to step on their chicks half the time since then... Same enclosure but in the coop.

I had to use the shed for goats...

Thanks for the warm welcome

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2020-11-28 at 8.02.27 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-28 at 8.02.27 AM.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 6
  • WhatsApp Image 2020-11-28 at 8.01.35 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2020-11-28 at 8.01.35 AM.jpeg
    156.8 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom