Niederrheiner Thread! All Colors!

Pics
How many total birds did you have and how many do you think you lost? Those darn hurricanes scare me! Sorry for your losses.
I had about 40, most were under 6 months old. I lost 3 from the hurricane, but flooding and mud brought disease and parasites. Within 3 weeks I lost about 25 chicks. Those that made it are great. I'm back up to about 50 chickens. All the new chickens are eggs I hatched this spring.

I hatched 6 LC Niederrheiner chicks in spring of 2017. I had 2 cockerels and 4 pullets. After hurricane Irma I only had 1 cockerel left.
He was 1 of 3 roosters in my mixed flock of survivers.
He is large and beautiful and obviously fertile. I hatched some random eggs 2018. A good number of the chicks were barred. Some were dark with gold leakage and some were lemon/buff barred. Seeing my other 2 roosters were splash and blue pure Ameraucanas and I have no barred hens, he is likely their sire.
I just mentioned this because of the comment from GFF about the fertility of their stock.
I can't remember the seller of the eggs except that I bought them on eBay.
I will be able to post some pictures tomorrow if anyone is interested.

@nikkers390 So your only LC Nied is a roo and no LC hens for him? So sad :(. At least he's a survivor :). Might be worth it to get a couple full LC pullets/hens to keep his bloodline going seeing as how these birds are so rare? Wish I could breed but I'm not zoned for more than 5 hens and no roos allowed. You and a couple other breeders might be the only ones left with LC Nieds and if ya'll disappear I doubt Greenfire will import any LC's any time soon. Value that LC roo of yours!

@nikkers390 So your only LC Nied is a roo and no LC hens for him? So sad :(. At least he's a survivor :). Might be worth it to get a couple full LC pullets/hens to keep his bloodline going seeing as how these birds are so rare? Wish I could breed but I'm not zoned for more than 5 hens and no roos allowed. You and a couple other breeders might be the only ones left with LC Nieds and if ya'll disappear I doubt Greenfire will import any LC's any time soon. Value that LC roo of yours!

I was hoping to get some hatching eggs. So far no luck. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I only have 1 roo and 1 hen and she's molting right now. I haven't tried hatching her eggs yet as I had no space for new chicks last year but I know they were fertile. It's only a small amount but I'd be happy to ship some bstches in the spring if people are desperate to find some. I know my rooster is fertile because I hatched eggs from him over other hens before my niederrheiner hen was laying. I had 100% hatch rate from him.

I only have 1 roo and 1 hen and she's molting right now. I haven't tried hatching her eggs yet as I had no space for new chicks last year but I know they were fertile. It's only a small amount but I'd be happy to ship some bstches in the spring if people are desperate to find some. I know my rooster is fertile because I hatched eggs from him over other hens before my niederrheiner hen was laying. I had 100% hatch rate from him.

Hurray! I love hearing good news like this!!!

I know of someone in Mandeville LA that Breda them. This is one I got from her.

Attachments

• 8C907E17-583C-46CB-B639-8388BF705AA8.jpeg
    8C907E17-583C-46CB-B639-8388BF705AA8.jpeg
    564.2 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom