NIEGHBORS DOG!!! VENT!!!!!

Here is a link to Texas's dog laws: http://www.animallaw.info/statutes/stustxhealthsafetycode822_001_828_015.htm#s822_013
Scroll down to #822, "Regulation of Animals."
Every time you report the dogs as "running at large" the owners should be fined $100.
You can legally kill any dog that is harassing your chickens or other animals.
You can do this yourself or have animal control impound the dog (at owners' expense.)
Good luck,
BTDT

Perhaps if you catch the dog.....maybe in a live trap and take it over to their house. Tell them this is the last time you will bring it back. Or another thought!! Maybe you can get them to invest in a collar that works with your fence it would keep their dog out just as good as it keeps your dog in.

if the dog is in your yard, it is a stray. Take it to the pound and let the neighbors pay to get it out. Once should do it; twice definitely will.

if the dog is in your yard, it is a stray. Take it to the pound and let the neighbors pay to get it out. Once should do it; twice definitely will.
Yah... I wouldn't count on that. My neighbors were fined several times (over $400) and this last time had to get rid of the dogs (I think the law said to euthanize, but they took the dogs and ran.) Now I am getting harassing and threatening letters from THEM! People are crazy and refuse to take responsibility for themselves and their animals.

Good luck with this situation.
If I had a gun (and could shoot) my neighbor dog problem would have been solve a long time ago...

So I am curious, you have had all sorts of advice. What are you going to do? I personal would put the chickens up and do some car repairs and accidentally leave out some coolant. Or I would catch the dog and remove all tags and drive over three counties and drop the dog off at a shelter. It would depend on how much I disliked the dog.

Perhaps if you catch the dog.....maybe in a live trap and take it over to their house. Tell them this is the last time you will bring it back. Or another thought!! Maybe you can get them to invest in a collar that works with your fence it would keep their dog out just as good as it keeps your dog in.

goodpost.gif
The best answer ever!!! I would present it to the owner....And to all those who are posting using coolant, dropping off the dog in the middle of nowhere, you are short sighted and cruel!!! It's not the dog....It's the owner!!!

X2

I would catch the dog and remove all tags and drive over three counties and drop the dog off at a shelter.

Last edited:
So sorry and good luck..,I did read on BYC somewhere that someone used a paint ball gun and that worked very well. Once the neighbors realized that they were serious (I guss the dog was nicely painted) they stopped letting them roam free! Agree it is not the dogs fault but the jerk owners!!

Back
Top Bottom