Nigerian Dwarf Bucklings for sale - WV

mamabird

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
App. Mtn's
I have two AGS nigerian dwarf boys for sale either as bucklings or wethers...these are the first two ND kids born at my farm (FF), born 3-4-09. They do have excellent bloodlines. Their dad is a Rosasharn Tiger L - grandson, mom is a Wooly Dog Down doe. Asking $200 as a buckling or $75 as a wether. They are being dam raised, but are handled daily, and very friendly. I'll try to get updated pics on everyone soon....with an udder shot.

The boys on day 1...I'll get updated pics so everyone can see them better....
100_2486.jpg

Here is mom - about 1/2 way through her pregnancy
Cocoa.jpg

Here is their blue-eyed dad (not the best picture due to him standing on a rock!)
100_2267.jpg

Last edited:
Way too cute!!!
wink.png
I can't believe how small they are! Have you had the chance to milk them yet? do you get enough to make it worth it? I still can't decide what I want I think either a Nubian or a saneen but these critters are just dolls! Where in WV are you and do you plan on having any does available in the future?

I'm about an hour So. of Morgantown or 1-1/2 hours east of Parkersburg. We are expecting another doe to kid in June...we may or may not have does - it depends on what fate hands us!

I have read that you can get 2 qts. of milk per doe - which should be plenty for most purposes. We haven't milked yet, because this is our first time freshening, but we plan on it. You have to have a female that has freshened, in order to have milk. The feed/milk conversion ratio is very good.

The boys would be great pets to have...they don't require a lot of space, and these are handled daily by human kids. This would give you a few playmates for a doe if you found one later on (you need more than one - they are herd animals) If you are interested, let me know...we have relatives in Parkersburg...Road Trip!
smile.png

Last edited:
Okay everyone...here are new pics of the boys at 1 day shy of being 2 weeks old. They are doing GREAT!
The boy with more color - 'Rocky' - as my daughter has been calling him...will be going to his new home in NC in May. Thanks so much Mindy!!! The other boy is still up for sale. Disbudding will be done tomorrow. I know the pictures aren't the best, but what do you seasoned goat people think of their confirmation? Constructive criticism is welcome.

100_2512.jpg

100_2504.jpg

100_2503.jpg

100_2513.jpg

The buckling in the first and second pic is sold, and going to NC in May. The other buckling (in the 3rd and 4th pic) is still for sale. They were disbudded a week ago, and are doing well. If anyone is interested, let me know and I can take new pics.

Back
Top Bottom