Nigerian dwarf goats

yes i used hsm5grls and joined all but goats spot they are having probs. right now and i couldn't g on.

o.k. thank you. i really appreciate the help.
smile.png

Quote:
Is your goat nursing and you are milking her, too?

My saanan gives 1/2 gallon (2 quarts) every morning and evening. One qt seems like such a small amount from a large goat. Is she drying off? Just curious.
smile.png

yes she is nursing or was, is weaning now. I get on a good day non nursing...between a 1/2 gallon and a little more a day. I meant to say I was getting a quart in morning, and at night. I was having a hard time getting her baby to stop nursing. We don't have a place to put her away from her mom now. she is 5 months old now, and still trys to sneak a sip. This is my first goat, I am probably going to let her dry up for the winter before I breed her again. The milk is very good. I pasturize it and skim the cream off the top and make butter. I can't wait to make other things.
Her mother is a champion milker and I should be getting a gallon a day, I think if the baby was not with her (should I say not baby anymore!! just big baby..!!) I have to get more fences up and buildings so I can seperate them sooner.
I wish there was a better way to wean the baby besides separating them.

Last edited:
I don't want to hijack this post. You can look at my link below for my yogurt recipe and the thread we have been building.

Good luck with the goats!

Back
Top Bottom