night camera

The 'coons must have a lower IQ here in South Carolina (
smile.png
).
We catch them readily in traps...cat food works well.

Drowning? No. No way could I do that. And, having a large enough trash can to fill with water isn't an issue since we have a creek running through our ranch that must be 50' wide. Other than our bb-guns you won't find any weapons in our home either, but if I had to make a choice I'd rather shoot them in a cage and end it quickly than a slow drowning. I've watched them hold skunk under water for 10 minutes and they still didn't die. Probably brain damaged, but certainly not dead. We'll just stick with using Golden Malrin and keep the neighbor, a mile away, advised to watch their dogs

The 'coons must have a lower IQ here in South Carolina (
smile.png
).
We catch them readily in traps...cat food works well.

That's what we've been doing the last few years as well, but apparently it's like the lion of Africa who knows to avoid the color red. All of the sudden they'll crawl all over the cages, but won't go in.

That's what we've been doing the last few years as well, but apparently it's like the lion of Africa who knows to avoid the color red. All of the sudden they'll crawl all over the cages, but won't go in.

Maybe if the yummy is extra special...I know they will dig under and over with their hands and grab stuff if they can. Gotta make it hard for them so that the only way they can satisfy their hunger is to venture into the cage.

Crazy little rascals...

Crazy little rascals are gonna' make me crazy ;) Just read a short article that there's something we're doing that might very well have created this problem. We've actually spoiled them! While I prefer to keep the All Feed in a weighted container inside the coop, a certain husband likes to scatter their pellets. Seems those pellets are a lovely appetizer. Welp, first course henceforth is over with.

Back
Top Bottom