Night two-- no sleep

kinnip

Songster
11 Years
Feb 24, 2008
Carrollton, GA
I brought home 5 keets yesterday. They're all nearly a week old. They really are adorable, until bedtime. Within minutes of going to bed one pie keet starts peeping-- LOUDLY. It amazes me that such a big noise can come from something so small. It keeps going until I come out here and sit with them, preferably while typing. I don't get it. I've tried lights on, lights off. They have food and water, clean bedding, heat, cool, everything they could want, but this one little butt-munch just wants typing. It's the only thing that shuts it up. Five minutes ago it was hollering because I tried to lay down. Right now it's quiet. When I finish typing this and try to lay down again, it'll start all over again. I think I'm going to lose my mind!!

I know how you feel.. i had a chicken chick in me last hatch that was the same way.. all day and all night she just would not stop chirping.. she would only sleep for 5 to 10mins on and off during the day and CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP and she never went to sleep at night all night CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP while the others are sleeping.. i swear sometimes i dream about culling her LOL! but i didn't... i just move the brooder to the other end of the house way WAAAAY on the other end Lol....at night i kinda still heard the chirping but itwasn't as bad or as loud... i know skeets are louder than chickens but this idea may work?

oh do a lot of us all knw how you feel :aww

mine are coturnix...only a few are loud mouths, but they only start up at night or in the early morning i call it "the cricket chorus" cuz they sound like crickets lol!

Jerks!!!
somad.gif
They're all sleeping and I'm yelling at them to keep them awake, but they're ignoring me!!!! Somebody's sleeping outside tonight (unfortunately, I think it's me).

Back
Top Bottom