Niki!! I need some pics!

shelleyd2008

the bird is the word
11 Years
Sep 14, 2008
Adair Co., KY
I have some of my quails' eggs set in the bator. Some of the eggs are from my golden/rosetta/pharoah pen. I know what golden babies look like, but I'm not sure that I know what a rosetta baby looks like? I need more of both of these colors, and I don't want to be selling all my rosettas! Got any pics
big_smile.png

Quote:
Do you remember those orange downed chicks you had? those are rosettas:)

Lemmie rumage some up for ya
smile.png

Rosetta tuxedos (this is known as fawn which ties in with the true red aka cinnamon birds in wild and tibetan pattern if you were wondering hehe):
twinies.jpg

orangetibetuxedoagain.jpg

otherorangetiibetantux.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

the chick on the far right, to it's left is a golden and behind it is a brown...that chick is a rosetta as well
smile.png

I will go up to my pens see what better pics i can get ya too
smile.png

okay and just took these....these are varying ages of rosettas here, but I put in one "dark tibetan aka what i was calling red tibetan" in the mix here to show the big diff
smile.png

a just starting to feather out one:
a-11.jpg

and heres the varying ages of rosetta with a dark tibtan (the black one)
tongue.png

b-2.jpg

Ah yes, I think I remember now! Hopefully I'll get some more of those, I really like that color. Any of the tibetans actually. I would like to have some that are tuxedoed and some that aren't, but I think that's asking a bit much
gig.gif

Maybe from my non-tuxedoed girl and my golden?? How did that work again? Which color is dominant, I forget
big_smile.png

ETA: One of my reds (I think) that I bought at the auction is not tuxedo, the other one is. Oh wait....I think those were the red/goldens?? I'm so confused!
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
gig.gif
without seeing a picture i dunno which reds you're speaking of
tongue.png

Now as for the genetics.. the tibetan patterend girl yu speak of that isn't tuxedoed over a golden will give you mostly tibetan patterened chicks. A little rule here, Golden Dominant mostly over brown, and Tibetan is dominant over Golden atleast mostly.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom