Nipple Drinker for Turkeys

TedEngel

In the Brooder
Aug 10, 2019
I’ve got five adult Narragansett turkeys in a chicken (now turkey?) tractor. I’ve been using traditional hanging bell waterers for many months, but the turkeys are so big they tend to knock the waterers around and slosh the water out rather quickly.

Yesterday, I moved them into a taller tractor that has room for a hanging nipple drinker to be high enough off the ground for the turkeys to stand under it. They all seem to have figured out the nipple drinker. They’ve been hitting it pretty enthusiastically.

My question, though, is since turkeys are so much bigger than chickens, can they get enough water from the chicken nipples? It gets pretty hot in Tennessee, and I’d hate to lose any.

Thanks,
Ted

I’ve got five adult Narragansett turkeys in a chicken (now turkey?) tractor. I’ve been using traditional hanging bell waterers for many months, but the turkeys are so big they tend to knock the waterers around and slosh the water out rather quickly.

Yesterday, I moved them into a taller tractor that has room for a hanging nipple drinker to be high enough off the ground for the turkeys to stand under it. They all seem to have figured out the nipple drinker. They’ve been hitting it pretty enthusiastically.

My question, though, is since turkeys are so much bigger than chickens, can they get enough water from the chicken nipples? It gets pretty hot in Tennessee, and I’d hate to lose any.

Thanks,
Ted
I have no idea if turkeys can get enough water out of nipple waterers. I just let mine drink out of a 5 gallon bucket.

Back
Top Bottom