Nipple vs. cup waterers and auto fill

Mine are always empty. When the want a drink they go poke around and water comes out and they drink it. There is never more that a very small amount in the bottom of the cup. I have had mine up for over a year now. zero problems.

I switched from a regular waterer to the nipples a few days ago, and I really love how well they are working. Everyone is drinking (I watched to make sure), and the water level is going down, with no leaks.

Mine are always empty. When the want a drink they go poke around and water comes out and they drink it. There is never more that a very small amount in the bottom of the cup. I have had mine up for over a year now. zero problems.
How early do you start yours drinking out of this type of waterer? I'd like to get some for the chicks to free up space in the brooder.

I have a bowl, but sometimes other birds try to use it. I think nipples would be better, and they can't spill!

I just finished building my coop and water/feeder.(water cups) and attached it to 4 inch pvc pipe with my garden sprinkler refilling it automatically. It took them 3-4 days to figure out how to refill the water.
My friend recently purchased the nipples and he hasn't had any problems. The only negative of the cups is pine shaving or small pebbles that the hens kick up end up in the cup.

I just finished building my coop and water/feeder.(water cups) and attached it to 4 inch pvc pipe with my garden sprinkler refilling it automatically. It took them 3-4 days to figure out how to refill the water.
My friend recently purchased the nipples and he hasn't had any problems. The only negative of the cups is pine shaving or small pebbles that the hens kick up end up in the cup.
I like that feeder! How does it work?

Back
Top Bottom