Nite Guard Solar predator control light...Has anyone ever used this?

shober

Songster
12 Years
Aug 8, 2011
Murray Mcmurray sells this for $19.95. Its says it helps control predators at night. Makes them think they are being watched! Anyone ever try it?
frow.gif

I've used one for 3 years. They REALLY work. Move it around to different locations about every month, so the varmits think the predator is not stationary. I also have a radio in the barn tuned to "talk radio".

I have one, but honestly I'm not sure if it works for warding off predators
hu.gif
I had stopped my raccoon problem before I got (hadn't had a problem in a month or so), but I haven't had an attack while using it.

Last edited:
Thats great!! Thank you all very much! I'm going to order one. I know I have racoons as I've seen them eating cat food I put out for a cat that lives outside in front of the house. We are building the coop now and making it racoon proof!! I live in the city and the coop will be in the back yard near our pool!! I hope my pool man doesn't freak out when he sees it tomorrow!!
ep.gif

I would try it for $19.95.. I paid about $60 for the "Foxwatch" unit. I think it helped.. had no issues while it was on, but it eroded badly within a year. So now, I just have an electric fence wire around the perimeter and that seems to work too. But hey, for $19.95, I would buy it.

I was wondering about this, too. I saw an ad for it in the Randall Burkey Company catalog. We don't have issues with the wild animals it says it's guaranteed to stop. We have issues with smaller problem makers like field mice, squirrels, wild bunnies, etc.
bun.gif

Don't waste your money. I had 8 of them surrounding three coops. Came home later then expected one night and when I went out to lock up the coops a coon had walked right up the chicken ramp and killed two of my birds (injured another and two more escaped and returned in the morning). The light was attached to the coop right by the door. The coon would have to have been staring at it as it walked up the ramp. Like I said, DO NOT waste your money. Use it to buy traps and a good gun!

I have 10, one of each side of my coops and a couple on the runs. I think they're great! I do however, lock my chickens up at night but I really do believe they keep predators away

Back
Top Bottom