NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show

Yes, she is the only one in her age group, and is being a pest.
But she is a girl. yay
This "surprise special" was it pullets, or straight run?
The NNs sound nice....

OOps, I have been holding onto to the Marans as a backup, I sold chicks to a gal, she can't have roos.
So far, the pics she has shown me, I don't see any roos.
But she is the backup just in case i have to make good.
So IF I don't have to trade her out, I'll put your name on her.
OK?

That would be great - how old is she now? I have chicks of all different ages atm, so I'm sure I can find a place for her. I lost my black copper hen about 2 weeks ago and it'd be great to be able to replace her.

The NN's were sexed as pullets, I got 3 and am going to keep one, the other two can go. They were hatched on Tuesday.

The surprise special was straight run. It looks like there are some austrolorps, some SLW's, and maybe some hamburgs and larkenvelders, some buff orps, a blue cochin, and maybe a blue andalusian and some that are probably some kind of sex link, but I don't know what type so can't guess gender. Some I would like to hold onto, but all of the australorps and some of the SLW's could go if anyone is interested. Although at this age I can't be 100% sure of their breeds.

I do have 3 black australorp cockerels that are about 15-16 weeks old, and a white EE cockerel that's about 12-13 weeks old.

I probably will also have an ameracuana cockerel or two that I could part with. They are really nice, I haven't really sexed them yet, but they are blues. I'm pretty sure the two blacks are pullets, so they will stay. I think they're about 9 weeks old.

I feel like I'm missing something - but I think that's it.

Have to check. Too many chicks, not enough time! I think between 2-3 months. Will check my calendars.
I'll trade a NN for the Marans, as long as I don't have to swap her out.
OOh... SLW... hmm...

Ooh I am very tempted by the blue copper marans!
I should have a few young silkies...a partridge and hopefully a few white from CJ's silkies.
Some orloffs, probably 2 naked neck pullets that I think will be buff, and maybe some other random breeds, they're just from Ideal so not breeder chicks, but I got the surprise special and won't be keeping all...they are just a few days old now.
i would love some orloff hens or pullets where in NJ do u live?

OHHH I want to meet up witheveryone again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I should have 2 SS the, and my very own breed I have been working on called a speckled rock, which is a cross of a SS and a white plymouth rock..... If anyone is interested let me know.... and if anyone decidedes anymore details about the meetup keep me up to date! =]

i would love some orloff hens or pullets where in NJ do u live?
I am near Hope. I have a couple that are about 13 weeks and a few that are about 4 weeks or so. They are sexed, but have some faults so I am not keeping those to breed. One of the younger ones has a pea comb and one or two have feathered legs...that type of thing.

I know everyone is busy... but it looks like we may cancel this road trip due to lack of interest.
Having birds sitting in a car in this heat is a train wreck waiting to happen.
I just jumped onto the computer, so I may be speaking too soon.....

To those definately interested, PM me.

I know a few of you aren't getting e-mail notifications....

Jerseyhen, you need to contact Vera at [email protected]
(or anyone interested in Silkies)

Thanks all, Roberta

OK so these are the MAYBE plans...
I am afraid to do anything at the fair, for fear if something goes wrong, it will reflect on the SCPFA.
So.... If anyone wants to continue with this, we can meet at Yetters, it's a (famous) diner between Rt 15 and the fairgrounds.

So this is still a maybe.

I am still interested. Should we post this on a few different threads? Like the NJ thread or the southern NY thread? I think a lot of both of those groups might be going to the fair show and this link is for a past show, so who knows who still lurks here...
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom