NJ - Sussex County Poultry Fanciers Annual Spring Show

I am still interested. Should we post this on a few different threads? Like the NJ thread or the southern NY thread? I think a lot of both of those groups might be going to the fair show and this link is for a past show, so who knows who still lurks here...
hide.gif
I'm not too popular on the Southern NY thread. But you can give it a shot.
Did you ever get ahold of Vera?

I'm not too popular on the Southern NY thread. But you can give it a shot.
Did you ever get ahold of Vera?
How does the chicken fairy godmother figure that she is not popular on the Southern NY thread??? I will post there again. I posted on NJ, but so far nothing. I don't know if many people still participate on that thread. I emailed Vera earlier today, I wait a bit and then hit her on the FB pages.

Tell me more about your meet-up!! I am new to all of this and might be interested! What goes on? Do you get to hang out with "chicken" people (like myself) and chat? Do you trade chickens? Sell/Buy chickens? LOL Obviously, I just have no idea....
Thanks!!

Obsessed, the way it normally works is we all go to the fairgrounds, show our chickens, hang out and talk chickens, buy/sell chickens, make and eat cupcakes that... look like chickens.
I have a booth and sell earrings that have chickens. Well, you get the point.
Since the NJ State fair is put on, and controlled by the state, anything that happens at the fair, well ultimately, the state is liable.
A few of us had wanted to get together and do a mini- swap.
The problem is we were thinking of doing it in a diner parking lot, and I don't know how that is going to work out.
It looks like we had better let the pros handle this, and go to the next SCPFA official show in October.
I was just trying to get one chick here, one chick there, and make everyone happy before the show.
With the summer heat, it is hard to plan anything.
Keep your eyes open for notices for the next show, or don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions.
There is always someone here that will help out another peep.
And if you haven't been already...
welcome-byc.gif

Roberta

Obsessed, the way it normally works is we all go to the fairgrounds, show our chickens, hang out and talk chickens, buy/sell chickens, make and eat cupcakes that... look like chickens.
I have a booth and sell earrings that have chickens. Well, you get the point.
Since the NJ State fair is put on, and controlled by the state, anything that happens at the fair, well ultimately, the state is liable.
A few of us had wanted to get together and do a mini- swap.
The problem is we were thinking of doing it in a diner parking lot, and I don't know how that is going to work out.
It looks like we had better let the pros handle this, and go to the next SCPFA official show in October.
I was just trying to get one chick here, one chick there, and make everyone happy before the show.
With the summer heat, it is hard to plan anything.
Keep your eyes open for notices for the next show, or don't be afraid to PM me if you have any questions.
There is always someone here that will help out another peep.
And if you haven't been already...
welcome-byc.gif

Roberta

Thanks Roberta! I appreciate the info! I have not been to a chicken show with my own chickens...but am hoping to have my "ducks in a row" so that I can show my silkies. *shrug* If not, I will just go have fun looking at other chickens! LOL
Thanks again!!
Angie

I can't commit yet... my RA is acting up bad, in alot of pain.
And it seems my rheumatologist doesn't take new ins....
will know more on Friday.

I thought of doing the sharpsburg show in the spring but, ugh what a drive, and the wine gods would really have to bless me if I had to drag the three kids with me. I am going to reserve my husband for the October Sussex show so I can go.

Back
Top Bottom