nm

Spray them all with no pick solution you can pick up at your local feed store (Blue Kote or similar) and sprinkle high quality cat food on the ground for extra protein and salt. If the vent area is being picked make sure feeders, watering stations and perches locations do not encourage the behaviour.

I thought blue kote was just wound care and wouldn't help with the pecking? Great idea!!! I'll grab some. :) I do the catfood. This is whay I believed it to be a behavior issue. The pecking is only on the back, saddle, and sholders. I appriceate you helping me. I found a small order of game bird peepers last night I ordered. If the blue kote doesn't stop it, I have a good idea of the cpl that may be doing it.

Thanks again!

Yeah Chickens usually do not like the taste of Blue Kote.. Just a word of caution wear old clothes as it stains.

I honestly havn't used the stuff in years. We used it all the time for our horses. I recomend it for chicken wounds, but never realised it was dual purpose. :) Thanks a million hun for taking the time to help me out! :)

Can you explain your environment for these chicks in more detail. I'd like to see pictures of their brooder, and know how many you keep in there. Usually picking is always related to boredom and lack of space.

The recommendations for space provided are never enough. More is always better. I would not house chickens with less than 6 sq feet of space per bird inside the coop. Way more than that in the run space.

These are just chicks, 8-9 weeks. I have 15 in an aprox 8X6 sf area. They will be movin up to the main coop soon. I can't move them as of now because i don't trust the big girls. It does seem to be the same 2. I would say it was possible, but there is plenty of space. This started inside and they were in brooders. I should have started breaking them up slowy to see exactly who was causing the trouble. I witnessed it today for sure. One of the 2 I believe to be doing this, was chasing the others, like big chickens would. Certianly not acting like a chick. very aggressive. I wish I has another setup to start seperateing to find just who is doing this.

Back
Top Bottom