No chickens yet...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Nikasha, May 21, 2017.

1. Nikasha

Nikasha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2017
    MN
    I don't have any chickens yet, as our current city does not allow them. We are under contract to buy a hobby farm in July, and I am getting excited for the animals we'll be able to have there. I am thinking we'll start off with chickens and guinea fowl. I like to do some research for ideas and other people's experience before diving in, so I joined here to have a go-to place (since this site came up with useful info in several of my searches). I've got two boys, just about to turn 5 and 2, and they are excited to have farm animals too. My husband is missing out on his big garden this year, since we are selling our house, but he is making plans for how he is going to fix up the new land and put in an even bigger garden.

BYCforlife and The Angry Hen like this.
  2. KikisGirls

KikisGirls Be Happy! Read more. Premium Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    Welcome to BYC.
    FYI..BYC's sister site www.theeasygarden.com has some very invested gardeners willing to offer advice too.

Last edited: May 21, 2017
    BYCforlife and Nikasha like this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Thank you for joining us at Backyard chickens

Nikasha and BYCforlife like this.
  4. SueT

SueT Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2015
    SW MO
    Welcome! How exciting that you will soon have your farm and chickens, guineas etc! Good luck, I look forward to seeing you around...

Nikasha and BYCforlife like this.
  5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. It looks like you are going to be busy at your new place.

You'll find lots of info in the Learning Centre - https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/category/learning-center.11/ and if you have a specific topic in mind, just type it in the search box - there's a wealth of information on past and present threads.

You may wish to consider joining your state thread as it will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area - http://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread#post_3239224

All the best

CT

Nikasha likes this.
  6. Nikasha

Nikasha Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2017
    MN
    Thanks, everyone for the warm welcome! I have found my state thread already, and am excited to start reading some more.

7. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    :welcome

Nikasha likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by