No Crow Collar

ladysierra

Chirping
Jul 10, 2020
New Jersey
Hey everyone I have a rooster 3 months old Andalusian I love him to death and don't want to get rid of him. I bought the no crow collar for him but I'm not sure if I'm getting it on tight enough or if it's hurting him. Has anyone had experience in this area? I really don't want to get rid of him...
20200820_122007_HDR.jpg
please help!

The no crow is something that a lot of people don’t really know how to use and her is my take on it.
I love the idea of no crow. Since every rooster is different they will all have a slightly different place on the neck and a certain tightness that is unique to them but you just have to put in the patience and find the sweet spot. So many people just give up and say the no crow collar works when in reality it does. Just keep trying with different tightness and spots until you find it. And as long as he isn’t gasping and is still eating , you aren’t Hurting him. Of course he’s going to freak out about something being around his neck at first but he’ll eventually get over that

My experience is that my no crow collar got stuck on part of my coop and he managed to tighten it til he wasn't getting enough air. When I found him his comb was blue and he was suffocating. :( We had to cut it off of him and he recovered and we never put the collar on him again. It only helped a moderate amount anyhow.

My experience is that my no crow collar got stuck on part of my coop and he managed to tighten it til he wasn't getting enough air. When I found him his comb was blue and he was suffocating. :( We had to cut it off of him and he recovered and we never put the collar on him again. It only helped a moderate amount anyhow.

You are talking about the Velcro ones correct?

Mine was one made from a pattern online that I don't have anymore. I did not buy an officially branded one but mine did have a velcro catch. It could have happened with almost any collar, frankly.

I used the no crow collar, the advertised no crow . We put it on our juvenile Roo pretty loose to start. Not loose enough for him to get caught on anything but he still crowed pretty loud. We took about 2 weeks to tighten it slowly Until we got it fully tightened and made his crow a lot quieter. We didn’t want his 4 am outbursts to wake our neighbors up. I did worry that it was going to get too tight as he was still growing so we checked it every couple days. I can say it worked great but I also felt bad for him as it seemed kinda unnatural and probably not super comfortable for him. I loved this guy too and really didn’t want to rehome him but that’s what I ended up doing. He started to challenge me and attacked me a couple times. I found a guy near me that had 7 acres that he could live free on without a collar. I made the decision to let him go. I was sad but felt it was best for us all. I was right, he’s doing great and my girls are much more calm and less flighty now that he’s gone. I won’t have another Roo. My guy was my favorite chick, so mellow and loving untill those hormones really kicked in at about 6 mos. I never thought he’d turn on me but I’ll have a scar on my leg to remind me if I ever think I need to go down that road again. Good luck to you and your beautiful guy. The collar did work for us.

The no crow is something that a lot of people don’t really know how to use and her is my take on it.
I love the idea of no crow. Since every rooster is different they will all have a slightly different place on the neck and a certain tightness that is unique to them but you just have to put in the patience and find the sweet spot. So many people just give up and say the no crow collar works when in reality it does. Just keep trying with different tightness and spots until you find it. And as long as he isn’t gasping and is still eating , you aren’t Hurting him. Of course he’s going to freak out about something being around his neck at first but he’ll eventually get over that
Thank you that's where I'm at right now... About to give up... I will keep trying.... Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom