No dig, do they work?

I’ve seen that 12 in apron is perfect. But I do put some dirt on top of it. Predators will typically dig closest to the barrier they intend on tunneling under. So they start digging the dirt that’s on top of the apron. I’ve never even seen dog marks other than right beside the fence doing this.
Dig marks. Not dog marks. Stupid autocorrect.

I was thinking of getting some no dig barriers. Allegedly they stop animals as small as rabbits but I am skeptical. Has anyone on here used them before and had any success?

https://www.amazon.com/Barrier-Leng...d_wg=fD4qy&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m&th=1
So.... I have rabbits. I've spent the last two weeks trying to get them from escaping their respective runs.
A rabbit (my rabbits, at least) will go thru some remarkably small squares, though 2" by 2" might be small enough. If the head fits, the body fits. In terms of depth, my rabbits routinely dig down 6"+when they hit a vertical barrier. I ended up trenching and burying these - 4 x 8 x 16 "normal weight" CMUs.

1653410786691.png

They are just under $2/linear foot. ($2.25/block)

The amazon option would have to be hammered so the bottom bar was flush with the ground, giving you a 2" vertical border, to provide similar depth, and is running $0.50/inch. The CMU above is $0.14/inch

I ran mine 8" deep, 16" wide. Thus far (fingers crossed) its working perfectly.

When Peanut Bunny, my little Houdini rabbit, figures out that she can just keep digging, I'll redo it - but for now, she (and both others) stop digging after about 6" of concrete wall. The recommendation actually came from the UK's Rabbit Conservancy.

When Peanut Bunny, my little Houdini rabbit, figures out that she can just keep digging, I'll redo it....
Good luck keeping those bunnies contained! Our rabbit likes to dig, but luckily he doesn't dig to try to escape the 2x2 fencing that keeps him behind our house - mainly just digs to escape the heat, lol (going to be 100F today)

Back
Top Bottom