no egg tray incubator???

muans

Chirping
Aug 4, 2020
i do not have any egg tray incubator for my quail eggs i just put the eggs far enough from the heat bulb on the floor(actually it's a homemade incubator) and just below the heat bulb i put a tray of water with a soaked sponge in it..will this be alright about the humidity as i do not have any hygrometer to measure the humidity level???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.1 KB · Views: 9
You really should have a hygrometer. A tray of water with a sponge in it is likely to get the humidity pretty high, but it's impossible to say without one.

Edit: How big is your incubator? I use a small jar for humidity in mine. If I use channels or a tray, the humidity gets too high.

You really should have a hygrometer. A tray of water with a sponge in it is likely to get the humidity pretty high, but it's impossible to say without one.

Edit: How big is your incubator? I use a small jar for humidity in mine. If I use channels or a tray, the humidity gets too high.
yep i've placed my order..hopefully it will arrived soon but idk might delay a bit with this corona issues

my incubator is 1feet 9 inches long and 1 feet 3 inches wide and 1 feet 2 inches tall

i will be placing the hatching eggs inside that net on the picture

If I remember right, you were in India? I think since naturally the humidity is very high, I think a hygrometer would be a good addition.

A small jar without a sponge will probably give you the humidity you want, but I'm guessing.
exactly on my mind but i am afraid it's not that insulated since it's a cardboard..if it is a cooler box i will have use one jar..the previous hatch with pipping but not hatching and completly zipping and no hatching is what that really scares me now😟

If I remember right, you were in India? I think since naturally the humidity is very high, I think a hygrometer would be a good addition.
yep i am from India,the hilly parts where there's a rainfall mostly throughout a year except during winter to early spring

oh a hygrometer i've ordered it online but i don't think it's arriving soon due to corona outbreak and mu eggs are expected to hatch this coming weekends

i do not have any egg tray incubator for my quail eggs i just put the eggs far enough from the heat bulb on the floor(actually it's a homemade incubator) and just below the heat bulb i put a tray of water with a soaked sponge in it..will this be alright about the humidity as i do not have any hygrometer to measure the humidity level???
I strongly recommend a hygrometer. It will be useful for all of your future hatches too. Trays generally boost your humidity more than a jar does so if you have the humidity too high just put something with a smaller surface area of water in. I hope your hatch goes well!

Back
Top Bottom