No eggs in a week

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Tikkajazz94, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I haven't gotten any eggs in a week. So I was going down the list, They do have water, Its sorta warm outside, and than I realized. I decressed how many times a day I feed them. I use to feed them twice to three times a day. andI got busy and it went to one time a day. So I will be moving them into a cat cage in the hay shed, See about getting a extanction cord and put a brooder light in there. And hopefully Have some eggs again.

Water lasts 2 days, Food lasts 3-5 hours (Depends on the day and how much they eat to stay warm).

Could It be food that is truly an issue? Oh and Can I take chicken egg shells and feed that to the quail for a source of calcium?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2011
  2. The Critter Place

The Critter Place Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2011
    Tucson, Az.
    Could it be their season is coming to an end? I thought I read somewhere they slow down when it turns cold?

3. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Yah, But I would rather think of it being food. Um. I would rather get more eggs from them and put a dozen in the bator. I only have two [​IMG] and putting two in a BrowersTop Hatch (TH120) would feel foolish.

4. SliderShooter

SliderShooter Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2011
    Rice Country, CA
    The days are getting shorter this time of the year and a decrease in natural light. When the light they receive increases they lay. When the light decreases they don't.

5. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland
    bobs are just like any wild bird, they only lay during their season...and it IS coming to an end. So you might not get anymore till next year [​IMG]

6. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    Their season is coming to an end but I would say it's probably the food. Get a feeder that holds at least 1 day's worth of food; when they run out of food they get stressed and

stressed = no eggs

7. Mibotsu

Mibotsu Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2011
    Balbriggan, Ireland

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by