No Eggs since using the Broody buster

jshomeopathy

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 10, 2014
I have used the broody buster (talked about in another thread) on 3 of my hens who just started laying about a month ago and then all went broody. So they are no longer broody but then aren't laying either. It is also the end of summer and the weather is changing but it is still pretty hot out. The one hen was broody for about 4 weeks until I put her isolated and now she has been out for 2 weeks with still no eggs. Help? any thoughts?

Hi,

I am wondering (as a newbie) if stress, especially the chicken that was isolated, couldn't be one of many reasons they stopped laying?
Knowing the breed of chicken(s) might help others to impart their knowledge?
Stress can play a major role in the lack of egg production...so any deviation from their 'normal' routine could impact this.
Are they molting? That too can effect production.
Add to that the fact that we are losing daylight with the impending seasonal changes...
As long as everyone appears to be healthy and happy chickens you can research the many threads and posts in regard to your question.

Here are some 'starter' threads for you...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/922971/dramatic-drop-in-egg-production

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/846181/zero-egg-production

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I have used the broody buster (talked about in another thread) on 3 of my hens who just started laying about a month ago and then all went broody. So they are no longer broody but then aren't laying either. It is also the end of summer and the weather is changing but it is still pretty hot out. The one hen was broody for about 4 weeks until I put her isolated and now she has been out for 2 weeks with still no eggs. Help? any thoughts?

After they go broody their hormones have to change to let them lay. The longer they are broody, the longer before they restart laying. Be patient, she'll start laying again soon

Back
Top Bottom