1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

no eggs yet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jackiedesl, Sep 17, 2009.

1. jackiedesl

jackiedesl New Egg

Aug 14, 2009
    so I am new to this and have had my chickens since June, they were a good size when I got them and have only gotten slighter bigger. I am just curious as to when they start laying eggs. They seem to be getting a bit more aggressive lately and really have take a liking to grass.. they seem to not be able to get enough of it. They are eating well and drinkin plenty otherwise though.
    any thoughts? [​IMG]

thanks!

2. raspeary

raspeary Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2009
    Cortland New York
    [​IMG] lots and lots of patience...i have 1 of 7 that started to lay tuesday and got her second egg today from one of my two rhode island reds..

can't make them lay any faster. my rhodies are 22 weeks.. my buffs are 21 and no eggs from them yet except from my 1 rhodie.

3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    [​IMG] and don't worry. The eggs will come when your girls mature. I have 2 pullets laying and 2 that just came off their first molt. I still have 4 more pullets that need to start laying yet and 6 more to stop molting and start laying again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by