no eggs yet

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by redchick, Sep 20, 2009.

1. redchick

redchick Out Of The Brooder

Sep 7, 2009
    still non i got my chicks april 20/25th noe eggs yet it looks like 2 of my hens cones r getting biger i hope i get some eggs should i put the heat light on 4 them ?????? when will my darn eggs come

2. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    Depending on the breed, it could be any day now. I remember last year about this time, when we had gotten our first chooks the beginning of May. I was just about ready to start squeezing eggs out of them.

Just take a deep breath and be patient. [​IMG]

3. Mrs.ChickChick

Mrs.ChickChick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2009
    North central Illinois
    Quote:YES! Got our chicks beginning of May...no eggs yet. Every day that goes by, DH asks if I've tried squeezing them?! [​IMG] It is SO hard to be patient. Freeloaders. All of 'em.

4. Nemo

Nemo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2008
    N'rn Wisconsin
    Mrs.ChickChick :

Freeloaders. All of 'em.

Ahhh... But when you crack open that first egg, see the golden orange yolk and firm albumen, and fry it up over-medium and eat it with toast slathered in home-made strawberry jam, you'll be amazed at how much better they are than those white things they call eggs at the grocery store.​

Last edited: Sep 20, 2009
  5. g_a_brand

g_a_brand Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    Debert, Nova Scotia
    I agree..... we got our older girls at the first of may and still no eggs.. I tried to have the freezer talk with them , but they are like teenagers .......... Im ignored ...... lol Im ready to post a picture of a roasted chicken on the wall of the coop ... [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Mom to 2 boys, 1 cat, 2 dogs, 7 white rocks, 2 dark cornish, 6 RIR, 2 barred rocks, 2 black astrolorps, and a huge tank of fish

6. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Got mine first week of may and by end of month they may become Roasters if they do not lay soon!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by