1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

no eggs :( "yet"

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by misfitfarm, Sep 8, 2011.

1. misfitfarm

misfitfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Lorimor, Iowa
    Ok I have 2 black australorps, 2 silver laced wyandottes, 1 white leghorn and 1 EE. They are 7 months old and only the EE, leghorn and one silver laced are laying. What is going on ?

2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hmm, are you letting them free range? Could they be hiding eggs? Or, has your summer been super hot and humid? That can also cause a drop (or delay) in egg production.

3. misfitfarm

misfitfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    Lorimor, Iowa
    They do free range but no real places to hide eggs and we check four to five times a day.
    It has been terribly hot this summer but Iowa is humid in general. It has cooled off a bunch. 55-60 at night and 76-80 day. They are frustrating [​IMG]

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I agree also, it has been very hot in most of the country this year. And hidding eggs, yep, those stinkers do that too sometimes. [​IMG]

5. luvinmychickens

luvinmychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Ohio
    b.hromada :

I agree also, it has been very hot in most of the country this year. And hidding eggs, yep, those stinkers do that too sometimes. [​IMG]

Mmmhmm. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by