No eggs??

mckaylaburgess

Chirping
Jul 7, 2020
It’s been 3 days. I know they slow down during winter, but no eggs from my 7 chickens in 3 days? I thought maybe they’re laying somewhere else, but I can’t find any. No signs of them eating the eggs either. I need eggs to bake with for Christmas and I’m probably gonna end up buying eggs for the first time in years 🙄

It’s been 3 days. I know they slow down during winter, but no eggs from my 7 chickens in 3 days? I thought maybe they’re laying somewhere else, but I can’t find any. No signs of them eating the eggs either. I need eggs to bake with for Christmas and I’m probably gonna end up buying eggs for the first time in years 🙄
Have they experienced any servere shock i.e predators around the coop at night? I have found that to be the most common reason for my birds to stop laying suddenly. I'm unsure whether the weather would have such a sudden effect on their egg laying.

Have they experienced any servere shock i.e predators around the coop at night? I have found that to be the most common reason for my birds to stop laying suddenly. I'm unsure whether the weather would have such a sudden effect on their egg laying.
I know that they had slowed over the last month, they for sure hadn’t been laying every day. We did have a few mice in the coop last week, but I haven’t noticed any since then.

I know that they had slowed over the last month, they for sure hadn’t been laying every day. We did have a few mice in the coop last week, but I haven’t noticed any since then.
Perhaps they're too busy getting ready for Christmas to worry about laying eggs.

Jk. I guess they're just slowing down for the winter. Sorry I can't help further

In your same boat. How old are your hens? Older birds tend to take December OFF. I had hopes on one of my birds that hatched in July...but recently he turned into a Rooster! I could not believe it.

Just go buy the eggs, my DH loves to tease me about this.

I’m probably gonna end up buying eggs for the first time in years
If you've had chickens for "years" you should probably be used to having fewer to no eggs in winter. ;)
I try to get new pullets every spring, so I at least have a few eggs over winter, I use supplemental lighting too. Even that doesn't always work.

Back
Top Bottom