No Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by pastorbruce, Nov 8, 2009.

1. pastorbruce

pastorbruce New Egg

Jun 9, 2009
    North Carolina
    I have 4 Brown Leghorns that are about 10 months old. We have been getting 3 or 4 eggs everyday until about a month ago we started getting 1 egg a day. I thought that we had a snake or something else stealing the eggs so we marked the egg and replaced it back in the nest and the egg was still there the next day along with one more egg. We are feeding Dumor laying pellets 16% and a little scratch (scratch fed on ground) Help me please before they become dinner.

2. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Maybe they need more light. Some people put light on their birds and some don't. The recommended amount of light per day they need is 14 hours.

3. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    It is fall in the northern hemisphere and the days are getting shorter. Chickens normally molt at this time. The egg production really slows down or stops altogether when they molt. Many chickens also slow down dramaticaly on egg laying as he days get shorter, even if they do not molt. Most likely it is just the time of the year.

4. OrpingtonManor

OrpingtonManor Building the Castle

Nov 15, 2008
    Martinez, CA
    Don't make them dinner. It's normal this time of year.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by