No Eggs

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by beeksnfeet, Aug 17, 2014.

1. beeksnfeet

beeksnfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    IL/WI border
    My 3 BO'all stopped laying eggs about 1 week ago. One had gone broody & was put in the Broody Box. The other 2 stopped laying at the same tiime. They have all been back to normal after Edith 's 2 day stay in the Broody Box, but no one is laying. They are eating and drinking well, having a few veggie and fruit type snacks along with some grass and clover, but still no eggs. I've checked their bottoms and all is good in that area. Any ideas? They still want to be petted and held & they sit on my lap. No one seems sick... :)

2. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Pullets who have just started laying usually take breaks a few times before they start into a routine. Keep up on the feed and calcium and you'll get eggs again soon.[​IMG]

3. beeksnfeet

beeksnfeet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2012
    IL/WI border
    Thanks for the reply. I figured they were ok, but ya never know. Two heads are better then one sometimes! My girls are 16 months old. Are they still pullets? I don't know at what age they are considered hens? Never really thought about that! :)

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Your girls are now hens:) Once they reach a year they are considered hens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by