No feathers at 4 weeks

Looking at your photos, I see matching little red wattles on all three Wyandottes, so I think all three are one gender (probably male.)
Yeah, since they were just a couple of weeks old I've been thinking they are male, because of the shorter wings and super slow feathering. The 2 bigger ones also are good aggressive and love to push and challenge the other chicks, even the much larger Salmon Farerolle pullet that's their age, but she won't take any crap from them. I can't keep them, and I know cockerels are very hard to sell, so unfortunately for me, I'll have to give them away for free and lose all the money I've spent on their feed, nutrients and bedding. From the chicks of assorted straight run bantams I purchased from Ideal Poultry, about 50% came out male, so it could have been worst. The Old English Game Bantam chicks are now my favorite, as they are very curious, brave and affectionate. I'm in love with one of the golden neck OEGB cockerels, he loves to be picked up and snuggle, but sadly I can't keep him. :'(

Back
Top Bottom