No-foot

Jan 22, 2022
Missouri
So one of my chicks got Bumble and long story short he lost all his toes on that foot and he now refuses to use his good foot and tries to walk on his stump, what should I do

Have you felt his "good" foot and leg to feel for any abnormalities or heat coming from anywhere? Any chance you can get pics of both of his feet and legs? Did you treat the bumblefoot on the foot he lost all the toes on?

@Allsfairinloveandbugs
I'm quite sure i treated the bumble, and I will try to get pics and feel his foot

I posted on your other thread. If he is trying to bear weight on his stump instead of his "good" foot, common sense says his "good" foot is causing him pain, even if you can't yet identify a problem. You can give him one baby aspirin daily for a few days and see if that makes a difference. (Verify the dosage because I'm not sure if one baby aspirin is ok for a Silkie, or if you need to halve the pill.) On your other thread you were positive he didn't get frostbite, which leaves a vascular/circulatory problem of some type. Especially if his "good" foot develops a similiar problem.

I agree with the advice others have given you.
Check his "good" foot daily for any abnormalities, otherwise let him be and see what develops. You could also take him to a veterinarian, if that is an option for you.

I posted on your other thread. If he is trying to bear weight on his stump instead of his "good" foot, common sense says his "good" foot is causing him pain, even if you can't yet identify a problem. You can give him one baby aspirin daily for a few days and see if that makes a difference. (Verify the dosage because I'm not sure if one baby aspirin is ok for a Silkie, or if you need to halve the pill.) On your other thread you were positive he didn't get frostbite, which leaves a vascular/circulatory problem of some type. Especially if his "good" foot develops a similiar problem.

I agree with the advice others have given you.
Check his "good" foot daily for any abnormalities, otherwise let him be and see what develops. You could also take him to a veterinarian, if that is an option for you.
Ok and vets aren't an option:( t

Back
Top Bottom