No its not chickens, but everyone should see this!

thumbsup.gif
I totally agree !!
clap.gif
And it never hurts to remind some people of the harm plastic does to all of nature. I reuse the bags I have and the cloth ones I got from Walmart.
thumbsup.gif
please pass it on

The anti-plastic bag movement only *holds water* as long as paper doesnt become the alternative.

I use cloth, I even use one for my work lunch,Thermos,Flashlight and 2nd shirt.

Quote:
Nothing wrong with posting it again, and again, and again....is there?

Plastic bags blow (literally), and the advantage of plastic bags over paper bags is what? Handles?

They should ban plastic bags. How lazy are we that plastic grocery bags have almost completely replaced paper bags?

They can make paper bags with handles too....if enough people want them, capitalism will provide them.

Paper is easily replenished, it can be made from so many natural woody plants, many of which don't even need to grow very long before being harvested. An extremely young brushy forest can be harvested for paper, and re-grown in only a couple of years. Not to mention the fact that vast tracts of brushy growth could help bring back some wildlife, like bobwhite quail, whose habitat has been lost to thick fescue pastures. Brushy fields are good.

Paper paper paper!

Last edited:
Quote:
How so? Paper is extremely replenishable, recyclable, and compostable.

I don't mean to be offensive; just tossing in my $0.02...

I was glad to see this posted since I never saw the original thread (and I've read TONS of stuff here...including going all the way back to page 1 of the recipe topics). CrystalChik, who has all of 48 posts under her (?) belt, probably didn't know about the original thread or she would have added her comments there.

There is a rule about duplicate posts, yes, but there are also at least a dozen thread about "how do I build a feeder for my chickens?" I know, because I've read and enjoyed every single one of them. The information about plastic bags is important and should be revisited periodically for folks who may not have been here reading every word since day one.

D.gif

Quote:
No offense taken, I do prefer a clearer subject line, that way I wouldn't have opened the thread and then the link only to find I'd already "been there done that"

Back
Top Bottom