No Luck, what am I doing wrong?

lsnyder43

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 16, 2013
Have no idea what I am doing wrong. Two batches now, one of chicks and one of ducklings. Everything is great until eggs go into lockdown. The first batch were peeping and pipping, then they all died with no successful hatches. I worried maybe temp or humidity was off and inaccurate so I got new thermometers/hygrometers...Ran second batch (ducks) with 3 thermometers to be sure. Samething out of 28 eggs, 20 went into lockdown with candling showing lots of movement just before lockdown. One egg hatched and died. Others peeped and rolled around but never pipped. What would cause this? Infection? Incubator faulty? I am using an older Little Giant still air with automatic turner. It just seems everything goes great right up till hatch time.

Have no idea what I am doing wrong. Two batches now, one of chicks and one of ducklings. Everything is great until eggs go into lockdown. The first batch were peeping and pipping, then they all died with no successful hatches. I worried maybe temp or humidity was off and inaccurate so I got new thermometers/hygrometers...Ran second batch (ducks) with 3 thermometers to be sure. Samething out of 28 eggs, 20 went into lockdown with candling showing lots of movement just before lockdown. One egg hatched and died. Others peeped and rolled around but never pipped. What would cause this? Infection? Incubator faulty? I am using an older Little Giant still air with automatic turner. It just seems everything goes great right up till hatch time.

I am using a Genesis 1588 and have the exact same problem. 3 different batches of eggs and all the same results. I have about half die off early, the other half make it to lockdown but then only a few chicks hatch, most of which I have to help out of the shells. My temp and humidity are good. I have no idea what's going wrong. Sounds like you are doing everything that you can and it still isn't working. I hope someone on here can help you!

Back
Top Bottom