No matter what I'll always be proud

There is absolutely nothing wrong with loving. Period. So many people don't know that today. There is just too much anger, jealousy and hate in this world. But, loving chickens? How can anyone criticize that? The way I see it, every chicken you love is a rescue. In the wild they are easy prey, maybe the bottom of the food chain. You have given a good life to some precious birds. How can that be wrong? As for me, I can't have a conversation that doesn't somehow include a little chicken talk.

No judgement here! I love my chickens too :loveand talk excessively about them and too them. I've only been a chicken mamma for about 6 months now and can't imagine life without these quirky girls. We started with 4, lost 1 to a predator, then got 4 more, Chicken math prevails! I'm in central Fl too, I don't find as much judgement among my friends, when they come they go right into the coop with me to meet the girls......a lot are curious, have questions. This is coming from an ex mall girl, so there is hope!!
Enjoy your chickens!!!!

Hmm my chickens are dirty and gross until my sister needs eggs to make pancakes it's mostly peoplea work. Everyone has something against me already because I'm the boss the chicken thing just makes it's worse. It's always some weird comment that I couldn't even repeat without getting warned about language
If they are grumbling about you under their breath (stupid chicken loving boss gives us too much work. She's crazy.) that's them being mad at you as boss. They're reaching for other things to add to their grumble mix so they hit with a personal grumble. If you made wedding cakes they'd grumble against your 'Ugly Cakes' no matter how beautiful they really are. It had nothing to do with cakes or chickens.
If they are openly teasing you to your face (smiling, enjoying your chicken stories, Boss, you are obsessed! You're such a crazy chicken lady, all you talk about is your chickens!) that's them teasing someone they like. Enjoy the banter!
If they are openly mocking you to your face (you care more about those stupid chickens than you do about your family. That's crazy. You should be locked up.) that's just downright mean and possibly insubordinate.
I get the teasing at work. I also get the inquiries (How's your rooster doing? Is your new coop finished yet? How many eggs did you get this week?) I tell them entertaining news about my flock. Occasionally I get the - Oh my goodness here she goes again about chickens! - look. Usually it's good natured. There are one or two I don't bother sharing with but I am with you. I will never be embarrassed about my love and caring for chickens. If they don't want to try raising chickens so be it, they shouldn't. But if they are thinking about it I'm more than happy to give helpful advice, saving them from making my newbie mistakes.
Enjoy your chickens and always keep your head high. Caring for any creature, from ant farms to human family, is a noble and honorable endeavor.

They make fun saying I'm obsessed. But it's an accomplishment. I'm proud to have successfully raised and treated chickens. I love my chickens as much as I love my niece.
Two clucks and a quack to you my good Sir!

My family like to give me a hard time, usually in a joking manner, but not always. My neighbors think I've done gone and lost it. I went from building PCs and speaking geek at any given chance. To raising fowl and making bird puns whenever I can. Am I weird? Probably, but my chickens are not why lol.

You got some beautiful chickens Sobek!
So what if people think you are obsessed. Lol, I'd bet most people here are obsessed. I sure am. I talk to my birds, give them names, and could give a hoot if I get eggs or not. I get so much positive enjoyment from them, watching those silly chickens run, hearing the quack attack when the ducks see me, even watching the cat get cozy with a chicken. If that makes me/you/us weird, well I say embrace the weird my friend.

Next time someone gives you a hard time just tell them you don't give a cluck. When they give you that "He's lost it" face, just respond with eggsactly. :D

Nevermind the weirdo with the chicken. He's just in love!
20190828_143344.jpg

My family teases me that I’m the crazy chicken lady. I know they are kidding and am never offended. Plus, it helps I’ve not gone overboard with decorating all things chicken. Ha ha. Just remind yourself that people have weirder and often unmentionable, disgusting obsessions. Yours is wholesome and beneficial to the world, kind and loving.

I just don't have anything in common with people. I don't really desire to talk to people but I try and give people chances and that's what they do. Personally I really don't care at all. It's just weird because the same people do the same things with other stuff. One guy always talks about trucks ALL THE TIME I listen. The same guy will be like oh he's doing bad things with chickens and they conspire against me the level of anger and hatred over nothing. I'm a VERY strict supervisor, and I'm the only strict ONE, and there have been so many complaints about me and policies. I have the most annoying form of supervising. I'm super polite to everyone but I will repeat what I said a million times and act like it's the first time I said it before someone gets it in their head lol. My job is to nag people about policies. It has to do with Safety and appearance. They probably are just mad about that. I'm the policy sheriff

Back
Top Bottom