No One Told Me This About Baby Ducks

You guys are tearing my heart out! I'll be crying into a couple pints of ice cream tonight for sure!
hit.gif

No one told my heart would grow three sizes in the blink of an eye the second I took my ducklings home...
No one told me I would be sleeping at the end of my bed so if they peeped I could comfort them...
No one told me two would never be enough...
No one told me they would come running at just the sound of my voice or get excited by just seeing me...
No one told me I would buy pounds upon pounds of frozen peas just because my ducks love them so much or lettuce for my geese...
And last but not least no one told me I would love and worry about them like I do my children!

Thanks your guys now I am crying hehe. Yes they already have unique personalities and my husband can't understand how I know who is who. Oh and no one told me what a great group of people I would find while searching for how to care for my eggs and now my babies.

When I was sitting outside with them today Delia looked sideways up at the sky and was watching the clouds and when a plane flew high overhead they all looked sideways and watched. Sooo sweeet.

The head tilt is priceless, isn't it?
love.gif

YES <3

No one told me that these little tiny birds would awaken my non-existent maternal instinct. No one told me that even though I can't seem to land a job or have much of a social life 'cuz these buggers would fall to pieces without me, I wouldn't give them up for all the riches in the world.

Back
Top Bottom