No one wants buttons

Shipped eggs this time of year tend to freeze up here so I don't ship anything when the weather is below 40 at night the belly of planes are very very cold.

Yes it's not the best of time to ship if in a colder climate. Button sales have been down this year. Not sure why. Maybe a carry over of the bad economy.

Are the buttons and painted the same thing? I saw some blown eggs on ebay that were just gorgeous, and I thought they were Chinese painted/button quail? Please educate me.

I'm new to raising quail. I can see the value of larger quail for eggs and meat, but what are button quail good for? It seems they are too small for anything but pets.

I have them just because they are cute, and I love their little calls
love.gif

I would love some. I just don't seem to have any luck getting them to adulthood.
sad.png
They hatch out fine but at around five to six weeks they 'fail to thrive'. Currently I have four adults who are doing great but I have never had one egg. So either I have four males or just don't have the right housing. Or I am the only button owner who does not seem to have a problem with overpopulation.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom