No Pipping

aspirito

Hatching
7 Years
May 27, 2012
This is my first year with duck eggs. Friday was day 28. I began to see some eggs rolling at around 4pm, but as of today, Sunday at 9pm, no pipping. I can hear cheeping from at least one egg. Should I be worried that there is no pipping? The temperature is around 99, but I don't know what the humidity is. My incubator does not monitor the humidity. Thanks for any advice you can give.

kandyg is so right. Ducks love to take their sweet time hatching. In fact, it almost seems like they'll never make it out lol, but they do. Just give them time. Good luck
thumbsup.gif

We finally got some pipping on Monday and one of our ducklings hatched around midnight on Tuesday morning. Two more pips on Tuesday. Both hatched, but one is very sickly, can't even lift its head. Three pips on Wednesday, one hatched over night, one hatched a half hour ago, and the other is still working. My heart is broken for the one that is sick. Have given it sugar water, but I know it is just a matter of time : ( Thanks for checking in and all of your advice!

Angela

I am having the same issue! Today is day 28, but nothing is happening with any of my 12 eggs. Should I be worried? Did yours end up hatching several days later? Not sure what to do!!

Back
Top Bottom