No pips yet don't know what's wrong :(

chickenfarmer96

In the Brooder
6 Years
Aug 6, 2013
It is now 5:25pm, on the 20th day of incubation still none pipped. All of the 20 eggs are alive, and they are trying to go through the membrane and into the airsacks with their beaks. Will they peep into the airsac/shell tonight? Or early tommorow morning? If you think that they should hatch soon, post a reply and give me some confidence please !!

It is now 5:25pm, on the 20th day of incubation still none pipped. All of the 20 eggs are alive, and they are trying to go through the membrane and into the airsacks with their beaks. Will they peep into the airsac/shell tonight? Or early tommorow morning? If you think that they should hatch soon, post a reply and give me some confidence please !!

It depends; some eggs will probably pip tonight and others will pip tomorrow. The pipping process can take anywhere from 4-12 hours, and sometimes more. As long as you keep the humidity high (65-70%) so that the membrane doesn't get tough, they should be fine. Good luck with your hatch!

Thank you but the humidity is 75%, we've always kept it around that last few days. I hope some start tonight :)

Back
Top Bottom