No quacking at 6 weeks = boy?

Quote: x2 i could actually tell my girl at her 3rd week she was giving small quaks nothing gigantic but like quacks in between her peeps.

I could tell my boy was a boy by 4 weeks he was getting territorial in the juvenile coop to the muscovy males when they were around his sister., although he didnt make adult noises, he started to get some silver on his wings and back ,and a green yellow beak.

x2 i could actually tell my girl at her 3rd week she was giving small quaks nothing gigantic but like quacks in between her peeps.

I could tell my boy was a boy by 4 weeks he was getting territorial in the juvenile coop to the muscovy males when they were around his sister., although he didnt make adult noises, he started to get some silver on his wings and back ,and a green yellow beak.

Like I said, you never know. Wobbles was quacking up a storm at 6 weeks, he even did the stereotypical "joker laugh" that hens do, and literally OVERNIGHT at 4 months his voice dropped into the hoarse drake rasp, and his tail feather curled a few days after!

Like I said, you never know. Wobbles was quacking up a storm at 6 weeks, he even did the stereotypical "joker laugh" that hens do, and literally OVERNIGHT at 4 months his voice dropped into the hoarse drake rasp, and his tail feather curled a few days after!

Oh wow @Amykins that's so strange! Must have been a shock for you! We were so convinced one of our girls was a boy when she was young - she was (and still is) so bossy and huge! She was heaps bigger than our drake. But then she started quacking and laid an egg, that gave us a hint :D

Quite possible. I know my calls started letting out a honk or two at a mere 4wks, i also raised my pekin in my house(i have 6 and 5 are ducks) seemed like at 4wks the brooder got louder and louder as each week progressed lol

Drake curls as said are much later on, i knew all the sexes long before those occurred, they also molt out, so voice or color of heads in certain breeds tend to come on sooner, my grey calls the head started turning greenish for my drakelets.

Oh wow @Amykins that's so strange! Must have been a shock for you! We were so convinced one of our girls was a boy when she was young - she was (and still is) so bossy and huge! She was heaps bigger than our drake. But then she started quacking and laid an egg, that gave us a hint
big_smile.png

LOL pretty much! It took my guy and I a week to stop calling her a "good girl"!

Back
Top Bottom