No santa? Would you be mad?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My experience with the myth of Santa was exactly the same as zzGypsy. Why would I wish to rob my children or grandchildren of that experience?

Something terribly wrong with that teacher... that she just HAD to say that to make some point. Most adults know much better than to take it upon themselves to contradict a childs parents.

Telling children about Santa is NOT a lie... there is a santa
big_smile.png
One who gives free gifts, is always merry, and happens to be the meaning of Christmas.

Whether the parents are capable of believing or not, does not mean there is no santa. And if they tell the kids about it without believing or understanding, it's still not a lie... it's a hope. Hope for happiness.

The people who have to be "honest" in everything with their children, probably don't read them bedtime stories either, ones that involve fairy tales and happy endings. After all... we have to be honest, don't we? That life is just miserable and cold and hard and unforgiving? Nothing to hope for after all?

I don't think that is a healthy up-bringing for a kid. Where is the immagination? The hope? The dreams? The fun?

Ohh... thats right. Dreams are only appropriate when it comes to money. Immagination is for your kitchen remodel. Hope must be measured carefully and doled out sparingly. Fun is only when you succeed. I remember now
roll.png

El Naked Neck it does upset me and makes me sad to see people lie, if they only really knew that the situation we are in.
it all started with a lie.

John 8:44

44 YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of the lie

King James version

Proverbs :6

16These six [things] doth the LORD hate: yea, seven [are] an abomination unto him:

17 A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,

there is nothing wrong with giving, as a matter of fact people feel better when they give,
specially our kids who we love the most.

they look on their eyes is priceless when they are so happy cause they got a gift, that look in their eyes is what makes my heart rejoice
not to mention that all of this is achieved by keeping god happy at the same time.

proverbs 6:16 says that God hates seven things not us, he loves us.
he just hates the Lie.

Really...please, please do not take verses out of context.....please read the before and after sentences and take into account to WHOM He (Jesus) was adressing! And God does not hate. "God is all light and in Him is no darkness at all."

Joh 8:40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
Joh 8:41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
Joh 8:42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but He sent me.
Joh 8:43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.

Leaving out parts of the word to suit yourself is rather frowned apon

Rev 22:18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:
Rev 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

And finally it is up to each parent to raise the child in his/her own way and not up to others to inflict their beliefs on them. As a teacher especially, it would be like them forcing each student have bible study classes.
Telling people they are of the devil because they tell their kids to believe in Santa is the worst hipocracy I have ever heard.​

Last edited:
The people who have to be "honest" in everything with their children, probably don't read them bedtime stories either, ones that involve fairy tales and happy endings. After all... we have to be honest, don't we? That life is just miserable and cold and hard and unforgiving? Nothing to hope for after all?

I don't think that is a healthy up-bringing for a kid. Where is the immagination? The hope? The dreams? The fun?

Now, that's just a big ol' generalization and a stereotypical comment! Exaggerate much? Seems like this whole "don't tell the kids about Santa" should be a personal choice for personal reasons and doesn't make any one person wrong or right. Just because I didn't tell my kids that Santa is real and you do, doesn't mean you continually lie to your children ....and that I never tell them stories for entertainment purposes. My kids enjoyed all sorts of books about fairy tales...even the ones about Santa Clause.
wink.png

Getting overly defensive when your choices are questioned could mean you aren't secure about your own choices and probably question them yourself. Take a chill pill and do what you do at your house and let others do what they want to do at their house.... this is not a life or death topic.
tongue.png

Quote:
Now, that's just a big ol' generalization and a stereotypical comment! Exaggerate much? Seems like this whole "don't tell the kids about Santa" should be a personal choice for personal reasons and doesn't make any one person wrong or right. Just because I didn't tell my kids that Santa is real and you do, doesn't mean you continually lie to your children ....and that I never tell them stories for entertainment purposes. My kids enjoyed all sorts of books about fairy tales...even the ones about Santa Clause.
wink.png

Getting overly defensive when your choices are questioned could mean you aren't secure about your own choices and probably question them yourself. Take a chill pill and do what you do at your house and let others do what they want to do at their house.... this is not a life or death topic.
tongue.png

Maybe you should read from the beginning and see that it was a teacher who decided what the child should or should not believe
Taking one comment out of context is as bad as taking a verse from the bible out of context......you know there is a verse in the bible that says
There is no God

?
lol.png
you have to read what came before that verse to know what is going on.​

Last edited:
Yeah...I got that. The comment quoted was not directed towards the teacher but towards those of us participating in the thread who don't teach our kids about Santa because we didn't wish to deceive them.
hmm.png
I've been reading since the beginning....
roll.png

Beekissed wrote:

Squishy wrote:

Getting overly defensive when your choices are questioned could mean you aren't secure about your own choices and probably question them yourself. Take a chill pill and do what you do at your house and let others do what they want to do at their house.... this is not a life or death topic.​

On the first page, you wrote..

Quote:
idunno.gif

You are correct....I was trying to make a point with that statement but it was a very poor choice of words. I withdraw that statement and apologize for even making it. In retrospect, it was stupid and a very poor choice of words! Please forgive me and I will edit that one right out of existence, with your permission!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom