No Symptoms One Day then Dead the Next

Quote:
We are in the cool part of the country.
wink.png
It was 77 yesterday and we might break 75 today. This, however, is not normal for July. The 90's are very common - but we sent that hot weather east this year. My tomatoes are languishing and the corn is very late.

they have water and shade and the hen was our favorite - she looked fine a couple of days ago.

Last edited:
ahh. So not exstemely hot or cold and they had shade. Im sorry i can't help... I hope someone can!
Daisy. xx

Rock-and-roo,

It may be too late for this one, but if you have a second (I hope not), you can bring it to OSU Veterinary Diagnostic lab for a necropsy. They are not very expensive and it could help save your flock. A general necropsy is $30 and if they need other tests those are around $15-$25 each.

To keep the body in best condition, put it in the refrigerator, but don't freeze it. Sounds like you are close enough to drive it there yourself rather than ship it.

Good Luck.

I'm having a similar issue.....It's sad to lose my three year old girls just out of the blue......there has been no warning.....

We too are having cool weather for our part of the country......

I hope you can figure out what is happening with yours!!!!

Last edited:
So sorry.
sad.png

I don't have anything to add, other than I have been raising chickens for 10 years and have many of the plants on that list growing in the yard/garden/woods where they forage, and have never had a problem. Hydrangea, rhododendron, mayapple, bloodroot, rhubarb, daffodil, ferns, and clover, are all in the area where they spend most of their time. I doubt it is a plant issue.

Back
Top Bottom