No wire fencing required for chicken run?

Pics
Well, actually, the pilgrims had muskets - but not every pilgrim as muskets were not cheap. And while they might have been 'avid fur trappers,' they were not necessarily successful trappers. In point of fact well over half the first pilgrim settlements failed - decimated by disease, starvation and death.
There was only one Pilgrim settlement, and that was Plymouth colony. It lasted from 1621 until 1691 when it became part of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. I think you are referring to the fact that over half the original Mayflower passengers died the first winter?

My point about the guns and trapping was that they didn't mess around when it came to predators. People don't pull any punches when their children are starving to death. Heck, they might have even resorted to poaching....

(an egg, that is. there was no such crime as "poaching" back then)

Right off the bat I heard two different things. One its safe, the other its not. I found out its the green fruit and the plant itself that is bad.
Tomatoes are part of the Nightshade family. Completely ripe tomatoes are ok, although I personally, found other veg much better as there were little risk. They love kale, turnip greens and cooked green beans. Occasionally, now that it is hot, I have frozen strawberries and blue berries in bread tins, they love pecking out the treats, the get water and the ice gives them some relief from the heat. I am glad you found some affordable options for your build! :)

Back
Top Bottom