Nobody Survived!

I kind of doubt it was even a small raccoon. I've had TONS of raccoon attacks before and in every instance they've eaten at least part of the chicken's torso or dragged the corpse off. None of that happened this time.
On a somewhat unrelated note, what's the longest natural lifespan you've ever seen in a chicken? One of my chickens that died would have been 10 years old in 1.5 months had she not been murdered. Is that a fairly normal life span? No other chicken I've had has lasted more than about 5 years. She was part of the first flock I ever raised...

So sorry to hear of your loss!!
hugs.gif

Oh im so very sorry. Definately sounds like a mink. I have been going through this very thing. They will kill, and pile them up...usually only leaving bite marks, but sometimes taking off the head. I got one mink...hope you get yours. Altho, it knows there are no more chickens...so probably wont be back.

I am SO sorry. My doxie broke thru chicken wire with one inch staples and killed my first five chicks. That was five days ago and it is the first time I have been able to talk about it. I felt so guilty.

Back
Top Bottom