Noise Boxes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by madamwlf, Jan 30, 2011.

1. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Just received my order from McMurray's. I got 25 Assorted Clean Leg Bantams, free "exotic" chick and 10 packing peanuts. My goodness they are noisy but so cute. Also have 3 bantam eggs on lockdown in the bator and picking up some BCM and OE chicks next weekend. I'm going to have a house full.

Anyone know what type of packing peanuts McMurray uses. They look to be yellow chicks.

2. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    It's normal for them to fuss a bit, but if it's constant they might be a bit chilly.

Many, but not all, packing peanuts are the males from sexlink crosses. Yours could well red sex link males.

3. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    The label on the inside says "Red Star Males". I am assuming those are red sex link then.

Quote:

4. BeardedLadyFarm

BeardedLadyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2009
    Cobleskill NY
    Correct. That is their brand name for red sex links. They hatch out with reddish females, and yellow males. That's precisely what you got.

5. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Looks like I have 10 birds heading to freezer camp in a few months. Thanks for the info.

6. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    Excuse me for butting in.. but.. uhmm.. WHERE ARE THE PICTURES?

Without pictures, we simply cannot believe that you have, have ever had, or ever will have fuzzy butts!

7. cabincrazyone

cabincrazyone Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    NE Minnesota
    That's right! PROVE IT! [​IMG]

8. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Okay, here are some pictures. I'm still trying to identify everyone. What's funny is I order clean leg bantams and there is a feather leg running around in there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Nostalchic

Nostalchic Chillin' With My Peeps

Unless you decline it, McMurray's will send you a "free exotic chick" (read "free exotic male chick") so that may be your feather-legged baby.

10. madamwlf

madamwlf Nevermore Acres

Aug 22, 2010
    Mount Airy, MD
    Quote:I figured it was but if I order all clean leg bantams, wouldn't it make sense to send a clean leg "free exotic chick". [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by